Monday, August 25, 2008

50 sketches...

They make it look so easy.

I feel out of practice. Must draw and draw and draw again. Who took this photo? Oh, that would be me. What was I thinking? The foreshortening of the arm, the angle of the face, the exposed hands. Oh, but those hands tell a story all on their own. This is really fun -- I mean the part where the drawing can look so much more dramatic than the photo. And the 50 sketches, well it's fun when I am fresh in the daytime, hard to do in the evening after a day of the white noise and a cubicle in the corporate world.
Keep drawing, this could be quite glamorous but dark. Almost a film noir look. Hmmm, Robert Mitchum where are you. Maybe black and white is the way to go. Not glamor. Surely more disillusionment, pessimism, and despair is more on target. Sure, once the guy in the hat is in the picture.

No comments: